Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New discovery uncovers protein needed for big musles

Image credit: Bing

Researchers at Dana Farber Cancer Institute have discovered the protein PGC-1 alpha-4 is what helps muscles grow. The hope is that there could be a way to artificially raise levels of the protein in the body for cancer patients or people with chronic muscle wasting diseases.

According to the investigation results, the scientists were able to help mice with cancer maintain more muscle mass than mice that were untreated with the injected protein.

The study authors say even without exercise they were able to increase muscle mass in mice by 60% with PGC-1 alpha-4.

The finding is new and only in its early stages, but the authors say the finding is 'exciting', given the potential applications.

Mice given the protein were leaner and 20 percent stronger than normal mice. Read the rest of the story here. ◦
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago of HIV and have lived taking ARV and thought of having Herbal medicine to cure this disease completely. I wouldn't be able to bare Vomiting and my tongue go white because of these diseases called HIV/Aids. I learned to live with it but I have definitely prayed and had hands laid on me, My friends at work knew about my HIV Status so on a faithful day my friend Hannah talk to me about this great man called Dr Itua From west African because my friend Hannah is from West African too she came to acquire degree here in South Carolina, I accepted the challenge and contacted Dr Itua Herbal Center...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com also chat on Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967. Then he delivered his Herbal medicine to me which was labeled as Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cure For HIV/Aids, I took it as he instructed after two weeks I went to test and I was tested Negative. I'm still writing on every blog site related to the following diseases such as HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus, Shingles,Epilepsy,Autism, Hepatitis B/C, Because he cures this kind of diseases.

    ReplyDelete